hmmm a possible basil saviour

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm a possible basil saviour

Well it's still early days to tell, but I've discovered something that seems to save basil from getting chomped by slugs and snails, I've got some rogue fennel plants around it and suddenly the slug and snail attacks have virtually disappeared. Do not know if others have discovered this, but it's a new companion plant to me. (not that I've grown many herbs...)
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Now you come to mention it, I have loads of rogue fennel around my garden and I don't seem to have the same problem as others on here do with slugs and snails. They are still here but not so many as to decimate everything. Interesting thought - I was going to dig them all up to stop them setting seed but now perhaps...
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

The rogue fennel is what I transplanted out of the lawn, couldn't bear to see them getting mowed, but, now, I will deffo be planting more in times to come to see if what I've seen is consistent. Like you said, it does not stop but does seriously reduce the problem
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X