Visible tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visible tomatoes

This subject was touched on last year but I thought it relevant for it to resurface at this time in the growing season, especially as I have a picture now so that you can see what I try to explain.

In my tunnel I have positioned the tomato canes so that they lean in towards the centre path. The idea being that when the fruit forms it will hang down away from the foiliage, making seeing the ripe fruits and picking them easier and because they are away from the foiliage and exposed to more light, ripen faster without resorting to removing leaves.

Hopefully it will be a time saver.
    Attached Files

very good, thanks piglet. I may try that.

Comment

Interesting!
      Out of interest- what happens to the trusses which form on the outer side of the plants?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

How deep in are the canes? I would be concerned that the weight of the fruit would pull them over.
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Nicos, all of the trusses hang down under gravity and thus come forward under their own weight.

EB, the canes are pushed in about 10" but are tied to a wire at the top which runs the length of the tunnel each side. This obviously prevents the canes from being pulled over.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X