Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - All my chillies and peppers are wilting - Too hot?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - All my chillies and peppers are wilting - Too hot?

Got my chillies and bell peppers in the mini greenhouse.

I left the top down last night and when I checked at about 1:30pm, they were wilting badly. I have opened the front to let some air get in.

They were all doing really well. Is it possible that they are wilting due to excessive heat, but may recover later when it cools and they get a good water?

Yer they should recover once there watered I had that happen to my hot chilli a while back but it recovered fine
    My year log of growthhttp://http://backgardenfarm.blogspot.com/
    up dated blog 27th june ..pls read if u have the time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e0YjOHl2zI

Comment

Following some advice on another webpage devoted to chillies, I am sitting them indoors in water for half an hour to give the roots a good soaking.

Comment

They should definitely recover - mine did this indoors in the heatwave few years back (I had around 12 of them lined up on a windowsill and thought they'd be fine in the huge pots) and it looked very drastic at the time. Took around 24 hours before they started to perk up properly though.

Comment

What size pots are they in? Did they dry out?

Comment

My peppers and chillis are all still in the conservatory and have been there since seedlings. All four pepper plants are now flowering and I have one small chilli on the way. I do find they dry out quickly though and with this hot weather I may move them outside tomorrow while I'm at work. The temp in the conservatory can be extreme dry heat. I read somewhere that it helps if you mist the flowers with water though.
            Visit my blog if you dare! www.gardenofheathen.wordpress.com

Comment

yep, mine wilted heaps when they first experienced a bit of heat. I did a bit of googling and decided to put them in a shaded bit of the garden for a day or two - they soon hardend up.

Comment

Mine too. Happend a few times now. I have 8 sweet pepper plants in the conservatory and with the heat the leaves begin to wilt. I just leave them outside for a few hours and they soon get back to normal.

I also read somewhere they prefer not to be watered a lot and kept damp.

Comment

They seem to like mean treatment. I leave mine to dry right out until they look a bit limp, then water and watch them perk up.
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

A good tip I learned was to damp the floor down in greenhouse/conservatory in the morning, this gives them some humidity and seems to work for me

Comment

Mine are at the back of the greenhouse - far end from the door. I don't know this for certain but I have the feeling they like it a tad more humid than tomatoes. I water them from underneath - they stand on a tray.
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

A good soaking and they have recovered nicely Definitely underwatering. I was told, like others to treat them mean, but was probably a bit too mean.

Comment

The problem with blowaways is ventilation. As there are no vents, the humidity inside becomes horrendous. I leave mine open when I can, but some mornings when I open it, I am greated with a blast of hot humid air, not a good environment for most plants

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X