Runner Beans/Sweet Peas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runner Beans/Sweet Peas

I have 2 bean plants to a cane, can I also put a sweet pea on there, or should I run strings between? What do you think?
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Runner beans are quite strong growers so I think if you put sweet peas in as well they might just not compete with the runners. They climb differently as well needing something to grip on to with the tendrils whereas runners just go round and round. If your bean supports are smooth like bamboo canes tsweet peas will need tying in as they. Could they go somewhere on their own? Depends on space - there's never enough!

Comment

I grow by runner beans up a wigwam with 7 canes. Up 6 of these I have two bean plants and up the other one a couple of sweet peas - they look lovely and aid pollination. They have to be tied in but it's not exactly difficult and well worth the effort.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Last year I had sweet peas growing among the garden peas,looked ever so pretty from the kitchen window
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X