Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dwarf french beans on part-shaded balcony?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwarf french beans on part-shaded balcony?

Hi,
    I'm a newbie to growing veg, no garden so growing a few things indoors this year. I have a balcony which is in the sun until lunchtime, it tends to get the wind on a blustery day. I have a dream of dwarf french beans climbing up it - am i mad or can this work? I bought the seeds anyway!!

Any advice will be much appreciated,

Thanks,
    Debbie

Sounds like beside my back door where I grew dwarf french beans successfully last year. However, they don't get very tall and certainly don't climb - just so you don't get disappointed.

Happy experimenting
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

I'll give it a go then. Thanks!

Comment

Dwarf french beans don't climb, however they are very productive and do well in large tubs. You can also get climbing french beans which would also do well in a large pot as long as they have something to climb up - try a tripod of canes. The climbers will suffer more from the wind than the dwarf ones will. You pays your money and you takes your choice. Good luck.

Comment

I grew dwarf French beans, tomatoes, lettuce, sweet peas and more, all on a windy Brighton balcony: sun until lunchtime only, and a stone's throw from the sea
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X