Beetroot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beetroot

sown some beetroot some time ago and they have started to come through but not all is this a common thing i have done a line of a metre. flavour is boltardy

Last lot of boltardy beetroot I sown took 15 days to show, how long have your seeds been in for?
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

coming up to 15 days so about the same as you

Comment

I have about 80% germination with Boltardy, they are the poorest out of the three types I have sown.
        Also about 15 days

Comment

Try sowing a few into individual modules and use them to fill any gaps when they come up. They may be a bit later that the ones you sowed direct, but that just means you'll have a nice successional crop instead of a glut!
          When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Originally posted by Creemteez View Post
            Try sowing a few into individual modules and use them to fill any gaps when they come up. They may be a bit later that the ones you sowed direct, but that just means you'll have a nice successional crop instead of a glut!
            Yep, good advice is this, I do the same.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              Yep, good advice is this, I do the same.
              Me too, I grow in the back garden and space is limited so I don't like to have any gaps.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I'm sowing in modules this year too. I'm fed up of the slugs eating them and the sparrows stripping the leaves off
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X