Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic Chicken

Hello
    Once again I am hear asking for advice from you kind people.
    I am almost ready now to get myself some chickens. I am very excited about it all. I want to do the best for the chickens in as much an organic way as possible.
    I have read that giving a piece of garlic in the water will help to control internal and external parasites. Hopefully this was a correct bit of information.
    But, does this mean that the garlic has to be crushed into the water, put in whole, just sliced??
    As much as we love to eat garlic will this mean that the eggs will have a garlic taste. I am not sure how the family will like eating cake that tastes of garlic. Chocolate and garlic cookies,MMmmmmmm.
    thanks

the pumpkin cuddler

It does not matter what our specific fate is as long as we face it with ultimate abandon.

From my experience (eating eggs from a friend's chooks) they did seem to take on a bit of the flavour of the food. Not very strong but a bit of a background taste.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

you can get powdered garlic

V
      Last edited by Lesley Jay; 20-03-2007, 11:33 AM.

Comment

we dont have a problem with parasites internal or external, and we are very organic, we get red mite powder from the egloo site and use as a preventitive maybe 3 times a year, we use somthing earth from same place onnce a year, both are suitable for organic use.
        Yo an' Bob
        Walk lightly on the earth
        take only what you need
        give all you can
        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Not sure if I would rely just on garlic.

Dont think it would affect the taste if you did go down that route, although mine munched through a load of brocoli recently (they escaped onto the veg plot) and one had a green runny egg the next day, the dog ate it so it was properbly ok just we didn't fancy the look of it.
          Bec
          ----------------------------------------------
          Am now happy - I can get out in the polytunnel again with the warmer weather.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X