Upside down Cape Gooseberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upside down Cape Gooseberries

This summer I will have two rows of 6 tomato plants growing upside down from the bottom of Morrison's flower buckets either side of my garage door which is south facing.
    A lot of comments on Cape Gooseberries that I have read say to grow them as you would grow Tomatoes so I thought maybe I could add a couple of buckets of upside down Cape Gooseberries to my rows.
    Has anyone tried this? or have any comments whether they would be likely to fruit like this etc.

The reason for wanting to try this besides the curiosity value is to keep the fruits, which I've read can be poisonous when unripe, out of reach of my 2 yo daughter. Last year she stripped most of our Strawberry plants and cherry toms while the fruits where still green.
    I have timed drippers for irrigation already set up so watering shouldn't be a problem.

Dave

No idea about upside down growing, but it is the whole plant that is poisonous except the fruit but don't know if the unripe fruit is also poisonous. I've got a couple of them dug up from a family members garden in pots at the moment. They can grow 1 metre tall and bush out approx 1 metre.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X