Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerusalem artichokes

Hi Folks,
    Can anyone tell me the best way to store half a dozen artichoke tubers until I have time to plant them? I've sorted out 6 good sized ones to plant for next year and have been in the process of tracking down all the other tubers in the ground (didn't dig them all up last year and they've spread) but I won't have time to plant them until next weekend or possibly later than that. Does it matter if they sprout loads of shoots before I plant them, or if they shrivel up at all? Want a good crop next year but really want to sort out their patch before putting them in. Many thanks
    PJ

Why not stick them in individual pots for now ( with soil) so they can make a start??
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

If they are kept cool I doubt they'll do anything in the next couple of weeks. I would just put them in a tray of just-moist compost so they don't dry out, keep them in a cool place, and then plant them when you are ready - if you are delayed and they start shooting-and-rooting they'll transplant fine (provided we aren't talking months from now!)
      Last edited by Kristen; 06-02-2011, 06:42 PM.
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X