Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treated Pumpkin Seed -> Fruit -> Seed Query!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treated Pumpkin Seed -> Fruit -> Seed Query!

Just cut up one of the pumpkins I harvested the other day - bags of seeds in them.. I'm planning on making pumpkin puree to make a cake out of. It seems a waste to get rid of the seeds really, when I found this online: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas) | Steps to show toasted Pumpkin seeds recipe | Chef In You

The seeds I got were from King Seeds I think (they were from a kind member here!) - and treated to stop rot, they were bright pink.

Sooo.... would these seeds be ok to eat, as above - or even give my chickens?

I was reading this site: Treated Seeds | Care2 Healthy & Green Living - which is why I'm questioning it - decided to post here rather than the foody forum due to more exposure!

TIA!

Are you planning on eating the seeds from inside the pumpkin that you have harvested, that have been grown from seeds that were treated?

If you are planning on eating the flesh of the pumpkin, I can't see any problem with the seeds from the same pumpkin.

If you mean you have loads of seeds from the original bag that are coated, then no....

Comment

Sorry if that wasn't clear - seeds from inside the pumpkin that I grew...(that were from treated seeds)

Thanks just wanted to check

Comment

Nooo,you can't eat them!
        *Just send them down my way and I'll take care of them

Comment

hehe, forgot about them last night so will give it a go today.

I must say though, crown prince is amazing taste wise.. I've only ever had butternuts before... these aren't in the same league! Amazing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X