Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else has got big ones (tomatoes of course)?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else has got big ones (tomatoes of course)?

Just picked my first outdoor beef tomato and it weighed in at 14oz (400g)! Really pleased as it's the biggest one I've grown to date Can anyone top it?
    AKA Angie

Haven't weighed them but my armish paste are hooooooge!
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I wish i'd grown beef tomatoes this year, got loads of gardeners delights! Can I ask when you planted the seeds and then transplanted into final area? I wanna plant them early next year so I get some red ones!

Comment

I'm growing Marmande and some of them are huge not a big as yours though
        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 22-08-2010, 05:40 PM. Reason: typo
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

My best one was 12.5 ounce grown in the greenhouse

Comment

Originally posted by deltz View Post
            I wish i'd grown beef tomatoes this year, got loads of gardeners delights! Can I ask when you planted the seeds and then transplanted into final area? I wanna plant them early next year so I get some red ones!
            I think I sowed them indoors in March and were probably Country Taste toms (note to self to maintain accurate records!!!). I then moved them to my mini placcie gh. From there I gradually hardened them off and think I planted them out mid May. Sorry it's all a bit vague, I really must keep on top of my records
            AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              I'm growing Marmande and some of them are huge not a big as yours though
              My other outdoor beefsteaks are nowhere near as big, must be the variety
              AKA Angie

Comment

I have grown black russian - very nice flavour but tendancy to split. So far they've all ended up as passata!

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                  I have grown black russian - very nice flavour but tendancy to split. So far they've all ended up as passata!
                  My black plum got quite a bit of blossom end rot and some have split too
                  AKA Angie

Comment

My biggest maskerana was only 12ounces but i do have a few large marmande but they are still on the plant.

Comment

Have had some nice tomatoes but none no where as big as 12/14oz. However my mate has some whopper marrows that may well be close to world record. Will let the vine know after the Llanharry giant veg show on 11th Sept how close he got.

Ian

Comment

Some of my Costoluto Fiorentino are pretty big. I'll weigh them when I harvest them, but they're not ripe yet.
                        Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Today I picked an even bigger one, weighing in at 1lb 4oz/566 grammes!!
                          AKA Angie

Comment

I had a 1lb 3oz Amish Paste about a week ago. There's still a couple of whoppers ripening in the greenhouse, so may beat that yet

Comment

I never weigh mine but I presume mine are nowhere near that big and I'm only growing marmande for big ones.

Congrats on those who have nurtured their giants!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X