Potato Day for Manchester grapes tomorrow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potato Day for Manchester grapes tomorrow

A bit late in the day but I've just noticed in the MEN newspaper that there is a potato day tomorrow 25/02/07 at Hulme Garden Centre, Old Birley Street, Hulme from 11am to 5pm-free. This may interest any of the more adventurous grapes in the Manchester area (Mrs.D.?), it's an organic event with seed potatoes & Alan Romans, author of the potato book, will be answering questions (similar to the Dunblane event already mentioned) I've not been to the garden centre there but they did used to have a very nice organic farmers market , I think it was near Asda, but not sure if that's still going.
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

I think the garden centre is opposite to hulme medical practice on the road that extends from upper chorlton road towords that big roundabout on mancunian way,iam not planning to grow any potatos as i only have 1/4 of a plot but iam sure it's a great apportunity.g
    goddess

Comment

D'oh!!! No Fair!! I'm working tomorrow, otherwise we'd be down there like a shot! Mr D has banned the purchase of any more seed tatties, as we've enough for 3 5' by 14' beds, but I was hoping to try and get a few roosters to try, ah well, maybe next year!

Thanks for the info SueA, and congrats on your Moderator's Badge finally arriving!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Went along towards the end of the day, we found it eventually Goddess, it's a community garden with a few polytunnels & lots of interesting plants at reasonable prices. No 'Roosters' that I could see Mrs. D., I just bought 3 Irish 'Colleen' seed pots @ 20p each & a pack of 5 Jerusalem Artichokes for £1.99.

Comment

Gutted just spotted this have been in wales all weekend, trust me to go away just when there is something exciting happening locally
          Wife, mother, reader, writer, digger so much to do so little time to do it! Follow me on Twitter @digdigdigging

Comment

Mentioned it to OH as something different to do - not that we're growing potatoes this year - and he looked confused and asked if they'd be mashed or baked. Not sure he fully understood really!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Same here Alison, only way I can interest my O.H in potatoes is mashed & accompanied by sausages!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X