Lemon & Lime Drizzle Cake.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemon & Lime Drizzle Cake.

I've been asked for a Lemon & Lime drizzle cake recipe from a lovely grape, she has an excess of lime's and lemons so I've pm'd this recipe to her but thought I'd let everyone else have it...it's very yummy.

LEMON & LIME DRIZZEL CAKE

INGREDIENTS

175g (6oz) margarine or softened butter
    175g (6oz) caster sugar 3 large eggs
    175g (6oz) self-raising flour, sifted
    1tsp baking powder
    Grated rind of one lemon & 1 Lime pinch of salt

For the drizzle topping
    125g (4oz) of granulated sugar
    30ml (1fl oz) of lemon juice
    30ml (1fl oz) of lime juice.

1. Heat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4). Lightly grease an 18cm (7in) round cake tin with a little extra butter or margarine and cut a piece of greaseproof paper or non-stick baking parchment to fit the base of the tin.

2. Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or a hand-held mixer for 1 minute, or until just combined. It's important not to beat the batter too much – just long enough to make it smooth.

3. Pour or spoon the mixture into the tin, smooth the top and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 45-50 minutes. The cake is cooked when it looks well risen and golden; the top should spring back when lightly touched with a fingertip. Another test is to insert a skewer into the centre of the cake - it should come out clean.

4. Let the cake sit in the tin for 5 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edge and turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool.

5. When cooked and cooled, prick the top with a skewer. Combine the granulated sugar lemon juice, without letting the sugar dissolve. Pour the sugar mixture over the top of the hot cake. The juice will sink in and the sugar will form a crunchy topping.
    ENJOY

thank you, will give this a try.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks i am giving it a try now, this very second, it sounds yum!!!!!!

Comment

It is yum, and the easiest cake recipe I have ever tried
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

ginger ninger,

I've always loved stuff that you've posted up on this forum, and with reading this recipe just now, you actually couldn't better it if you tried at all.
          I had to make an ORANGE Drizzle Cake for our local show back in early July, and that was tantamount to trying to paint watercolours on an oil canvass.
          A Drizzle Cake should be Lemon or Lime, or there's no sodding point, in my humble opinion.
          So thank you for reinventing the wheel for me today.X.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X