Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring onions sowing question

Hi

Is it too late to sow more spring onions do you think, I would like them Aug/Sept?

thanks!

Sarah

Its never too late to attempt a sowing though some varieties could grow faster than others. Onions are a hardy vegetable and you should be able to keep picking through the autumn.
    Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity

Comment

It shouldn't be (obviously depending on variety). They grow fairly quick so I tend to do sequential plantings throughout the early to mid summer.

Comment

Give it a try.

Comment

Hi Sarah, I have just sown some more seed myself..with more to follow in July. Go for it..

Comment

Me to I've sown some in the last couple of days and will do a few more in 3 weeks time.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Last year I had fresh spring onions for most of the year. I kept sowing right up till October in pots and brought them into the greenhouse over winter. Come March they started off again and gave a very early crop. Currently I have half a dozen flower tubs with spring onions at all stages from bent grass to fully mature.

Comment

many thanks everyone I am sowing tomorrow! solway I am glad I'm not the only one with loads of pots! I thought I may be sowing too many thanks everyone!!

Comment

My spring onions went right through last winter, though difficult to pul out when the ground froze
                  aka Neil

Comment

thanks for the info!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X