Sweet Peppers Dying

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Peppers Dying

I bought 3 red and 1 green pepper plants and the red ones have wilted and died

I've kept them well watered and fed, any ideas why ?

where are they? too hot/too cold? They shouldn't need feeding until they are fruiting
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 21-05-2010, 04:20 PM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

They are in a sunny bed

Comment

I don't know what your conditions are, and you don't give much info on how you've grown them, but I would hazard a guess that they've gone straight outside without a hardening off period?

Comment

I bought them potted from a garden centre a few weeks ago, at the time it was nice weather and then we had a cold wet spell down here.

Although I have clay soil they're in a well draining bed that has had plenty of compost. The green plant isn't too bad but it's the red ones that are dying.

Comment

I think you've had stinky weather like we have so they've probably been half frozen

Comment

It's been terrible for down here for May, nothing is growing, except the weeds .
              Will the pepper plants come away or should I dig then up and buy new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitaire View Post
                I bought them potted from a garden centre a few weeks ago
                Did you harden them off, or plant them straight outside? It sounds like transplant shock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X