Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my carrots

Hi all

I sowed my carrots in one long row in the garden, next to a long row of brussels. I think i had some cats on there because i had to remove some mess.(may have been foxes)
    Anyway the seedling are now growing within a six foot radius of where i put them. I assume the cat/fox has kicked the seeds around while scratching the soil.
    Is it ok to dig them up and put them all together again in a bed of their own ?? will they survive ??

Thanks in advance for your help..

Hector lovitt

I wouldn't as carrots don't like being transplanted.

Comment

Neither would I Hector - sow some more and cover your row with some chicken wire or a row of twiggy sticks to keep the cats off.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

On a closely related subject, does anyone know if cats are particularly attracted to carrot? I've sown mine 4 times in 2 different places and each time my cat either poos in that area or sunbathes there! I've now covered my latest sowing with chicken wire, hope that does the trick or I'm giving up!

Comment

I think it's just because cats love freshly cultivated soil to use as a toilet or a bed. Covering them with wire, etc., will stop the little blighters.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X