what strawberries are you growing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what strawberries are you growing

Hi,I`m growing gariguette (delicious) ,Maras de bois (very good) hapil (good)cambridge favourite and tenira (first year ) and marshmello (average). What about you?

I'm growing mara de bois, cambridge favourite, honeoye, and korona. It's my first year growing these, so only time will tell how they taste.
    Hill of Beans updated April 18th

Comment

It's my first year growing strawberries and I've got Honeyoe and Symphony. (drooling already)
      The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

Christine and Pegasus.

Christine is abnormally vigorous and suits my poor soil. It produces very early-ripening and heavy crops of sweet fruit. It also produces lots of runners.

Pegasus is also vigorous. It produces heavy crops of sweet fruit. It also produces lots of runners.

With both varieties, the plants are so strong that they can do everything at once - grow quickly, fruit heavily and produce lots of runners.

Comment

Just spent a few hours today laying antiweed matting over the strawberry patch at allotment (very very tedious doing so in the year after planting, and not prior to getting them in the ground!). About 20-30% have flowers on them at the moment, and four types : Flamenco, Cambridge Favourite, Mara de Bois, Royal Soveriegn

Should have a nice crop this year, if the birds/slugs dont get em!

Adam S

Comment

royal sovereign

royal sovereign are supposed to have a great flavour!

tom

Comment

I have some mashmello, and cambridge favourite and one that I am not sure of in my main bed. In my planter I have some unknown mid season and some autumn barers from my friend with an allotment. Good fruit though

Comment

Marshmello and Marshmarvel and Elsanta, couple of others too but i forget their names!

Comment

Well, there are plenty of flowers on all the varieties (though not all plant yet), so hopefully I'll be able to compare Royal Sovereign this year

Still to erect some meshwork to keep out those damned dirty apes (erm, birds)...
                  Adam

Comment

i'm going to try the alpine strawbs, has anyone had a good crop off these, as it'll be my first time grow

Comment

Down t'lotment there's a variety of unknown inherited ones, but at home I've got wild ones in the ground (second year, last year they were rubbish but doing great this year), alpines waiting to be planted out (still v small even though I sowed them in December/January) and the awesomeness that is Mara des Bois in pots. Hopefully I'll get some runners off them this year.

Comment

I've got Elsanta and Honeyoy (or however they spell it), first year though.

Comment

shady -I bought 12 maras de bois last year and I must have about50 this year from runners - soyou should be alright !
                          Tom

Comment

This is my first year growing strawbs. I'm growing Hapil, Pegasus, Florence, Honeyoe and Elan. I've tried to buy plants across the season, but apart from the t'internet and the label, don't know what the taste and yield etc. is like. I've got 13 plants in all; how much fruit will I get from that this year and following on?

Comment

I haven't had much luck with strawberries, but last year planted Alice and that seems quite vigorous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X