This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Squash Seeds Available

I am aware of the squash parcel, but I only have a small number of the seeds available and I didn't want to package them up and all the seeds end up in one person's hands. I would rather they end up with people who want to try out these squash.

I have the following squash seeds available.

Kikuza - This Japanese heirloom is a good producer of small, tan colored pumpkins that are heavily ribbed. Orange flesh is sweet and dry and has a spicy flavor. Very hard to find. A great variety for specialty markets. First offered in America by the Oriental Seed Company, of San Francisco in 1927.

Hubbard Baby Green - Cute little 7" green fruit look just like the big green hubbard but these weigh just 5 lbs. The flesh is sweet and nutty--great for baking or in pies! The smaller size makes these perfect for market growing.

North Faulkland Island - Unique, pear-shaped fruit are mostly white, some with greenish yellow and orange stripes, 2-4 lbs., pale yellow flesh. From the Abundant Life Archives.

Argentine Primitive - A beautiful deep green, ribbed pumpkin that grows to around 8 lbs, and is filled with thick, rich flesh of high quality and deep orange in color. A good-keeping, historic ancestor of the buttercup squash. It is flat to oval in shape. Very rare and unique.

Blue Hubbard - Huge, teardrop-shaped fruit weigh 15-40 lbs. and have sweet, fine-grained, golden flesh. Great for baking, pies, and soup. The hard, blue-gray shell helps these keep for long periods in storage. Gregory Seed Company introduced this fine New England variety in 1909, and Mr. Gregory considered it his best introduction.

Please let me know which ones you would like, either send a SAE, or I would look to swap for some unusual chillis.

Edit:

Actually, just read more about them - I don't think I have the room with everything else I'm growing. Wouldn't want to take someone elses slot. Nevermind, perhaps in the future
    Last edited by chris; 08-05-2010, 05:30 AM.

Comment

What amazing pictures - have pm'd you!
      Gone veg crazy!

Comment

Have pm'd you. These look great.

Comment

Have also PMed you

Comment

I wish i had the room, they look amazing

Comment

Maybe a little bit of breaking thread but I brought a black in colour 8" squash from local market. I cannot remember it's name but thought it was a Japaneze variety. The seeds germinate very quickly . Are they worth the space?

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                Maybe a little bit of breaking thread but I brought a black in colour 8" squash from local market. I cannot remember it's name but thought it was a Japaneze variety. The seeds germinate very quickly . Are they worth the space?
                Could be a futsu black....?
                Last edited by northepaul; 08-05-2010, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Like this one...?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I vote for you lot being really careful and bagging all squash flowers around so you can save the seeds for us lot next year - I'll have some more room then

Comment

Hi Planesailing, have pm'd you.
                      http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                        Like this one...?
                        Yes North quite sure this is the one. I saved seed and it germinates so quickly I am overrun with it. Thank you!

Comment

Just to update everyone that following all the requests, there are a few Hubbard Baby Green and Argentine Primitive left over.

Comment

Hi Planesailing, just to say a big thanks for the seeds, they arrived today. Ill hopefully get them potted tomorrow.
                            A Big thankyou
                            Donna
                            http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Hi, I'm very interested in a range of the squash seeds you have. A couple of each would be great. Sadly, I have no chilli seeds to offer in return - only sorrel, parsnip, lovage.

If you're happy to send then I'll get a SAE to you (can't see your address listed here).

Regards,
                              Roger

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X