Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blueberries.!!!!

hi folks

i got 3 blueberrie bushes (this will be their 2 nd full summer) growing in pots on my patio in ericaceous compost topped with chipped bark as per instructions.

Question is do i need to change the compost + bark or do i change the bark but feed the existing compost with some ericaceous feed or pther magic potion.??

any advice gleefully received as my 4 year old adores them and my bank account will crumble if i have to buy the same amount from greengrocers to satisfy his appetite this summer.!!

regards

P.A

I would take off the top couple of inches of compost, top up with fresh ericaceous and feed with appropriate feed.
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I would do that too Fiona plus I would get a mulch of pine needles on top so when you are watering (with rain-water whenever possible) the water picks up just a hint of that all important acidity from the needles. Round here it's just a short drive to Dalby Forest with a bucket to pick up those fallen needles, and well worth it.
      Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
      >
      >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Dear God I got something right?

Need a sit down now
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I have never changed the soil on my blueberries although I mulch with a layer of landscape fabric and bark chippings. I remove the chippings each year give a feed og blood fish and bane and put on a fresh layer of bark.

Ian

Comment

I feed with liquid seaweed when they start into growth, I mulch with cones, bark, whatever
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
              Need a sit down now
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

thanks for the advice guys i ll go and do it now

regards p.a and junior p.a and his junior p.a....!!!!

Comment

Gawd found my blueberry pots behind my triffid PSBs the pots are packed with weeds a right entanglement, will have to do something with them when I've got rid of the PSB
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I brought my first blueberry plant from homebase for a fiver and now its quite big and iv got loads of small blueberrys on it i have to wait for them to grow as there still buds at the moment and i thought blueberry plants grew flowers then blueberries but this hasnt got any flowers it has leaves and small buds so im not complainging tho cant wait for summer can i do anything to boost it with feed whats a good food for it ohh im taking my other baby blueberry plant to it tom for crossbreed or whatever. Plus can anyone tell me by the pic what type it is or if there anything wrong with it this is it first grow season
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Andrew0109; 13-05-2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Errmmmm, are you sure that's a blueberry?

Comment

The leaves on my blueberries are not as rigid as those leaves. I have no idea what else that could be, though. I haven't seen it before!

Comment

It looks like some sort of soft fruit - like a raspberry or tayberry. I'm sure its not a blueberry!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Errmmmm, are you sure that's a blueberry?
                            I was thinking the same, could be a case of kids swapping the labels over.......these are the leaves of a highbush.............For the record, I mulch mine with pine chipping as suggested plus give them a drink of spent coffee.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              I was thinking the same, could be a case of kids swapping the labels over.......these are the leaves of a highbush......[ATTACH=CONFIG]29143[/ATTACH].......For the record, I mulch mine with pine chipping as suggested plus give them a drink of spent coffee.
                              You spoil your blueberries - that sounds better than my breakfast!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X