Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pak Choi Query

Hi Folks,

1st time growing these and pleased with the outcome so far so I thought I'd show off with a photo.

The query I have is I thought they would grow bulb like or am I confusing them with Bok Choi or something else?
    Cheers

Danny

They do bulb up at the bottom after a while; if they don't bolt [which mine did].

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      They do bulb up at the bottom after a while; if they don't bolt [which mine did].
      Ok thanks Zazen
      Cheers

Danny

Comment

First time grower here too, but mine are a Winter crop, we don't get snow here but do get frosts later. They form big leaves on nice white crispy stems which will be nice in a stir fry, although other half is eating the leaves in salads. Well worth growing though, if I can keep the snails off them.
        Attached Files
        I love growing tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by mcsee View Post
          First time grower here too, but mine are a Winter crop, we don't get snow here but do get frosts later. They form big leaves on nice white crispy stems which will be nice in a stir fry, although other half is eating the leaves in salads. Well worth growing though, if I can keep the snails off them.
          Hi Mcsee,

How long have yours been growing?
          Cheers

Danny

Comment

I didn't keep track of when it went in, but possibly 4 or 5 weeks since the seedlings went in. It was slow for a couple of weeks, but has now shot away and producing well.
            I love growing tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by broadway View Post
              am I confusing them with Bok Choi ...?
              same thing innit
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

100% the same?

Anyway, mine have taken off over the last couple of days and can now see the bulbs forming at the bottom
                Cheers

Danny

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X