Strawberries in containers....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberries in containers....

I have strawberries from last year growing in containers (large big ones) and they survived the winter perfectly. yay!

I suppose I'll have to add something to the top this year for them to get enough nutrients? They were potted in a mix of clay soil and compost with slow release plant food.

I can top up with manure or compost. Which one will be better?

Thanks

I have done a mix of manure and fish blood & bone as a small layer on mine dung in where I could. If I don't have that available then I usually just put some compost and add some strawberry feed/tomato feed to boost.
    Look not from the mind, but from the soul. For the life that is coming is already before us, waiting to open up the world. Just look more closely. Find the eyes to see. - Celestine Prophecy 1st insight

Visit my blog: http://wheatleyswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

You could take the plants out, remove abit of old compost, and put a small amount of fresh compost instead of the old one.

Comment

i tend to pot on the plants into new compost but i mix in some water retaining granules and a bit of manure then i put on some potash later.....during the fruiting period i include them in the tomato feed group too along with the chillis and if i am bothering with peppers.....i am still experimenting with all this though!

Comment

It's always a good idea to change the soil every couple of years as Vine weevils can be a big problem. As for feed this year I'm adding some sulphate of Potash to the soil and some chicken poo to rejuvenate the soil.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X