Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soil for Potatoes.

Hi

I am growing potatoes in containers. I used grow bag soil last year but didnt get a lot of crop. What would you suggest for a good large healthy crop? I've chosen a Bonnie patio seeds this year.

Thanks,
    Sophie

Potatoes will never give a huge crop in containers. Multipurpose compost is as good as any, plus regular foliar feeding.

Comment

I'n growing my potatoes in used fertiliser bags this year. The medium they will be growing in will be a mix of ordinary garden loam,sand and peat & homemade compost with a bit of BFB added for good measure. Usually mixed at 7 soil 2 sand and 3 peat with 1 of compost!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        I'n growing my potatoes in used fertiliser bags this year. The medium they will be growing in will be a mix of ordinary garden loam,sand and peat & homemade compost with a bit of BFB added for good measure. Usually mixed at 7 soil 2 sand and 3 peat with 1 of compost!
        Dear Snadger,

Could you possibly run that by me again.

Yours sincerely

Dumkopf

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
          Dear Snadger,

Could you possibly run that by me again.

Yours sincerely

Dumkopf
          BFB = Blood, fish & Bone meal and the numbers are ratio's/parts!
          Last edited by Snadger; 07-03-2010, 06:37 PM.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X