Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadies, Onions, Garlic Question

Hi Folks,

I happily sowed Broadies, Onions, Garlic, ans Shallots in October as some others on the vine seemed to be doing the same. All are doing well but I have a question.

Due to my Polly Tunnel blowing down I need to redesign my whole garden layout therefore need to know when my the veg above SHOULD be ready to harvest, obviously I don't know the answer otherwise I wouldn't be asking

As always thanks in advance
    Cheers

Danny

Always a little bit difficult to predict with any accuracy as a lot is going to depend on the weather over the next 3/4 months. But as a rough guide shallots should be harvested on the longest day, by which time the onions should also be ready to start using.Broad beans should also be ready around then.

Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian,

Plan B then, mind you it has it's plus side as I'm nicking more of the wife's garden for veg
      Cheers

Danny

Comment

I'd dig the broadies up now and pop them in a big bucket and pop in the greenhouse until they recover from being moved.

The onions, shallots and garlics can also be dug up but if you move them; you can pop them straight into their final positions.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
          I'd dig the broadies up now and pop them in a big bucket and pop in the greenhouse until they recover from being moved.

The onions, shallots and garlics can also be dug up but if you move them; you can pop them straight into their final positions.
          Hi ZZ,

Gonna leave them in situ for this year and work around it, main thing is I'll end up with more veg space in the long run
          Cheers

Danny

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X