Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with winter planting! Chillies/pepper, Garlic and Ruhbarb

Hello

1) I have some Chille and pepper plants. When they have finished producing fruit should a compost them or will they grow back next year if trimmed?

2) How do I sow garlic?

3) I grew 3 ruhbarb plants at the wrong time. There leaves have now died and I presume they are dorment. Should I plant them into the ground now?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks

Learning by the day!
    Sophie

Hi Sophie and welcome to the vine

Are your chilli and pepper plants inside or outside in the ground. If they are outside in pots, bring them in now, if they are in the ground dig them up and pop them in pots. There is loads of info on here about overwintering chilli and pepper plants, but generally speaking it is possible to keep them going over the winter and then they will crop again next year. Its always worth a try, nothing to lose.

Garlic bulbs can be planted in the ground or pots this time of year or later as they are hardy, in fact they need to cold to split the final bulb into cloves. Split the bulb you intend to plant into individual cloves, careful not to damage the thin papery skin, then plant them pointed end up about an inch below the surface.

Sorry cant help you on the Rhubarb.

Comment

Here you go Sophie

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tml#post144330

Comment

thank you very much for your help!! This is very useful x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...