Morrisons buckets and onions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrisons buckets and onions

They don't sell teh flower buckets at my Morrisons, so when I visit my sister I tend to get carried away!!

bought another 24 last month.

Can I grow onions and garlic in them?

(I picked out the deep ones)

If so how many cloves/onion sets to a bucket?

I've got Japanese onions overwintering in a greenhouse. Five plants to each Morrisons bucket!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I've planted an onion set to a module a few weeks ago and with the mild october we've had they are all well up now. Should i plant out somewhere do you think or leave in their modules till spring? (not hijacking this thread honest - just think it is the same kind of subject!)

and if i leave them in their modules, should i be putting them in the greenhouse now?

Comment

Please enlighten me as regards the Morrison's buckets, whats so great about them? - admittedly we dont have many Morrison's down here but when I have been in there, I have never seen any buckets at all...

Comment

Only bucket type things I have seen in Morrisons are the black plastic buckets, with no handles, that are 8 for 99p, do you mean these ones, I think I have bought about 24 in total, but will prob buy some more next couple of days.
          An atheist is someone who denies altogether the existence of God. I'm an agnostic. An agnostic is someone who believes that there can be no proof of the existence of God, but does not deny the possibility that God exists.

http://stuartscornerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I use Morrisons buckets (the deep ones) for growing a few early potatoes in the greenhouse. I also plant a few up with earlies in late summer to get a crop at Xmas.

Comment

yup, they're the ones...

wonderful for potatoes! and I was pleased with the beans I grew in them.

Snadger, do you keep themin the buckets until harvesting, or plant them out in the spring? I was hoping not to have too much space tied up with long maturing plants

Comment

I grew my Potato Onions in them with no probs. Only drawback - the crop was limited due to the width of the pot.

Comment

Just now I've got onions and garlic in my buckets, 5 in each.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

not just morrisons,ASDA give them away,mothering sunday is great,so i would imagine at christmas would sell more flowers,ask at any where selling flowers,i got a colection of over a 100 now,
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by hamsterqueen View Post

Snadger, do you keep themin the buckets until harvesting, or plant them out in the spring? I was hoping not to have too much space tied up with long maturing plants
                      Its a little bit of suck it and see for me this year hammy as I've never tried them in buckets, or indoors for that matter.
                      I have a goodly ammount planted in the allotment as usual but seeing that my winter brassicas did so well in pots in the greenhoue last year, I thought I'd give the jap onions a go!
                      It's nice to see the greenhouse full again, but if they become a problem indoors I can always, after hardening off, put them outdoors in the spring. I will leave them in the buckets though and see how it goes!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have got tons of these buckets ! They really are the bees knees and you won't find cheaper !
                        I haven't put anything in them over winter but in the summer I planted about 10 up with various varieties of salad leaves and dotted them around the patio. Absolutely fantastic. Evetyone loved them !
                        I must try and get some more winter stuff in ASAP !
                        The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

Comment

Do you mean the black ones, 99p for 8?
                          An atheist is someone who denies altogether the existence of God. I'm an agnostic. An agnostic is someone who believes that there can be no proof of the existence of God, but does not deny the possibility that God exists.

http://stuartscornerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mbronco27_03 View Post
                            Do you mean the black ones, 99p for 8?
                            That's the ones, I;ve got 48 now!

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll definately look out for them when I see a Morrison's.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X