Planting garlic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planting garlic

Hello, this may sound a daft question. I grew some garlic this year from bought bulbs, not supermarket stuff. I want to put some in this year. Is it best to buy new bulbs to split again, or is it ok to plant some of what I grew this year?? This is the first time I have grown it.
    Thanks!
    "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

If it grew well, then use it!

Comment

Emmylou

I bought a shop bulb about 3 years ago and planted it. Ever since then I have only used bulbs grown from that first one, and its subsequent offspring. Not had a problem yet, in fact last year was my best garlic growing year to date.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
        Emmylou

I bought a shop bulb about 3 years ago and planted it. Ever since then I have only used bulbs grown from that first one, and its subsequent offspring. Not had a problem yet, in fact last year was my best garlic growing year to date.
        Ditto (Tesco's cheapo too), and each year it gets better as it accustoms itself to the conditions.
        Urban Escape Blog

Comment

Thanks, I'll try re planting then!
          "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Comment

hi emmylou thanks for asking that question cos i was wondering the same thing lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X