Strawberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberries

Could someone please tell me what I should do with my strawberry plants over the winter? They are currently in various bags and pots, I have bought a strawberry planter for next year to keep them all in one place.

The plants that I have are a mixture of seed produced strawberries and 3 year old plants.

Thanks

Strawberries are hardy, so OK outside. (I assume you are UK? can you put your location into your profile?)

Cut back on the watering: keep them dryish, but not bone dry.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

OK thanks, do I need to cut back any of the foliage Two Sheds?

Comment

Cut off any dead or dying foliage, yes.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

They'll be fine outside but it would be worth you taking some runners off the older plants next year (too late now this year I think) as they tend to only really last for 3 years before getting rather exhausted and their produce falling off.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks both. I will put this on the to do list for this weekend! Cheers for the tip Alison, I did this earlier on and have already had some berries off the extra plants!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X