Advice with Aubergines

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice with Aubergines

Can anyone offer any advice I am growing aubergines got plenty of flowers but no fruit I try to grow them last year but the same result lots of flowers no fruit any advice most welcome

I think the only guaranteed successful answer is to move to a warmer country. I have tried for several year to grow them but fail every time. I have had some in a greenhouse some on the patio and some on the lottie. The greenhouse ones have produced some lovely plants with plenty of flowers and plenty of pollinating insects. The flower bit drops off and the little aubergine just sits there and doesn't grow any bigger than a pea. I think this is because the greenhouse is a little shaded and aubergines need plenty of light. The ones on the lottie are in to much of an exposed place and the plants look a right mess from rain and wind, however one plant did produce an aubergine about 2" long but it has been badly attacked by a slug or snail and is unusable. The ones on the patio I am still awaiting as I only put them out there a few weeks ago when I realised they weren't going to do any good in the greenhouse.

Ian

Comment

Try hand pollinating (poke the flowers with a paintbrush).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X