runner beans turning yellow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runner beans turning yellow

some of my runner beans have gone yellow, they're not anywhere near big enough to pick but they've gone all weird

any clues?

they are hungry beasties - did you put plenty of organic matter in the trench prior to planting? If not, I would get some food around their roots
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
      they are hungry beasties - did you put plenty of organic matter in the trench prior to planting? If not, I would get some food around their roots
      can i use chicken manure?

Comment

Yup, chicken, horse, any kind of poo, mine are in 110 litre square pots, i put plenty of horse poo in with them, they also like a liquid feed every week, sometimes twice a week, plenty of water, take the yellow bean's off, give them a good feed + water an they should be ok.

Comment

What sort of beans are they, as there are some yellow podded varieties about. (just a thought). Another thing which would make plants/beans go yellow is cold winds, are they in an exposed situation.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by gojiberry View Post
            What sort of beans are they, as there are some yellow podded varieties about. (just a thought). Another thing which would make plants/beans go yellow is cold winds, are they in an exposed situation.

Ian
            not sure what they are, most of them have been green, think it's just one plant that is going yellow.. but yeah they are in an exposed place

the other weird thing is, one of the plants, which is against the fence hasn't had any pods at all.. not even one.. do you think it's got something to do with being in part shade?

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
              do you think it's got something to do with being in part shade?
              Yes, most likely - and maybe because pollination isn't going on, as it is up against a fence
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X