Rhubarb Jam & Relish.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhubarb Jam & Relish.

Just finished making the above and even if I say so myself they are rather spiffing!
    While the jam was cooking I was chopping up the ingredients for the relish which included fresh chilli's and shallots.

To test for setting I put a dollop of jam on a saucer and ran my finger over the top..........it was fine until I licked my finger which certainly gave me a warm glow inside!
    Particularily impressed with the relish and can't wait for it to cool to try it on a cheese sarnie!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Good job you wasn't taken short Snadger...or you'd would have had a bit more than a "warm" glow.....owch.

Comment

Ooh recipe please. xxx

Comment

Originally posted by newbieveggie View Post
        Ooh recipe please. xxx
        Rhubarb Relish - Salad Dressings and Dips - Recipes - Riverford Organic Vegetables

Makes enough relish for a small jar. A really quick, easy and tasty relish. (Going to make some more today!)

The jam is simply equal weights of rhubarb & sugar (no ginger). Put rhubarb in pan add sugar, leave overnight to draw out the juice. Boil up the next day for about half an hour, add a squirt of lemon near the end to help setting.......and thats it!
        OH thinks it's a bit 'sweet' but I like sweet jam!
        Last edited by Snadger; 12-08-2009, 09:26 AM.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Oh I will deffo give that a go. Ive got rhubarb plants that I moved but I would say they are a couple of years old, they would be ok wouldn't they. Isn't is just the first year you shouldn't eat ??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X