Garlic success

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic success

So some of my garlic tops have gone over so I lifted them to dry with my onions.At first I felt a tad dissapointed as I thought they would be bigger,however after inspecting the stuff for sale in the local supermarket,I realise mine is pretty good(some is still growing too)

well done you

I thought (still do) that most of mine are on the small(ish) side but they are very clean and having roasted a couple bulbs - lovely - so size really isn't everything
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Well done Bernie, I haven't (daren't) lift mine yet in the hope they make a bit bigger than at present.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
        well done you

I thought (still do) that most of mine are on the small(ish) side but they are very clean and having roasted a couple bulbs - lovely - so size really isn't everything
        Can you divulge how you cook them,do you eat them just like onions(don't add much to our cooking and first time I've grown it)

Comment

Roasted Garlic Recipe | Simply Recipes

This may help.
          Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

I have lifted all of mine as they had started to rot in the ground with all this wet weather we have been having. Some have done really well and are about golf ball size and others are pathetic at not much bigger than what they started as.

Ian

Comment

QUESTION PLEASE: I lifted my elephant garlic and they have been hanging for a week now. Look great however I noticed when I lifted them there were small "kernels" left in the growing spot beneath each bulb. My question is....can these kernel things be planted for garlic next year? They arent a clove like when you break one of a bulb, a bit smaller and harder. What are these and can I use them somehow?
              Peaceful days are in the garden!

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                Can you divulge how you cook them,do you eat them just like onions(don't add much to our cooking and first time I've grown it)
                If I am slow roasting lamb - or indeed any roastie, I break up a whole bulb into cloves, I don't peel them, just drop them into the roastie tray about an hour before the end. They come out beautifully caramalised - yum

Pick 'em up with your fingers and squeeze the soft, chewy garlic out.

Originally posted by Gardenwitch View Post
                ....can these kernel things be planted for garlic next year? They arent a clove like when you break one of a bulb, a bit smaller and harder. What are these and can I use them somehow?
                I would say not - although maybe put one (some) into a pot (I would) to see what happens. But for your garlic crop much better to buy decent size disease free (hopefully!) bulbs
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

I would say not - although maybe put one (some) into a pot (I would) to see what happens. But for your garlic crop much better to buy decent size disease free (hopefully!) bulbs[/QUOTE]

Oh ok thanks for this boots, cheers xx
                  Peaceful days are in the garden!

Comment

hehehe - nice one - boots, love it

I get called Pikie, Pastie, Pickle, all sorts but never boots - before now
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

I planted some hard stem garlic back in February. Do I have to leave this over the winter, or do I lift it in the autumn? I am planning to plant overwintering garlic this year, so should not have the problem again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X