Mashed potatoes and pesto

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mashed potatoes and pesto

never thought to do this before but read a recipe on BBC good food site today and it said to mash potatoes as normal and then swirl through a couple of tablespoons on pesto.......it was really yummy.

Had it with meatballs that consisted of beef, well chopped yellow courgette, well chopped onion and another couple of spoonfuls of pesto, made into balls, fried off and then put into a pan of chopped tomatoes (tinned for the moment),yet more pesto, chopped onion and some worcester sauce.

Was a really tasty tea and definately will be doing it again.....think we might all smell a wee bit garlicky tonight though!

Sounds wonderful SN. If you grow a few pots of basil you can make your own pesto as well!

Comment

yes I did make my own pesto - the only thing I didnt grow was the tinned tomatoes as mine aren't ready yet (well and the mince of course!!)

Comment

We used to eat 'champ' it was mashed potatoes and spring onions (scallions).

A nice big dollop of butter in the centre.

Comment

Have you tried mashed potato with olive oil and garlick?

More healthy than butter and really tasty.

Though squishy with lots of butter is good too

Comment

Good also with hummus. Actually, mashed potato is good with ANYTHING!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
              Good also with hummus. Actually, mashed potato is good with ANYTHING!
              In my house, mashed potato is only 'good' as 'duchess potatoes' or a topping for the likes of Cottage pie. I had too much 'school mash' inflicted on me. Ever since I can't eat it as an item served in its own right.
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I find earlies and salad potatoes don't mash very well so we go for Smashed potatoes roughly broken up with a knife then mixed with a little butter and snipped chives - wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                  In my house, mashed potato is only 'good' as 'duchess potatoes' or a topping for the likes of Cottage pie. I had too much 'school mash' inflicted on me. Ever since I can't eat it as an item served in its own right.
                  Now I could eat mash as a main course - all on its own!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X