Realy sick Blueberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realy sick Blueberries

My single blueberry bush is nearly 20 years old and produces blueberries that remind everyone of a tart huckleberry. We as well as friends wait all year for the crop, which it usually produces roughly 2-3 gallons of berries.

For the last few years it has had a growing problem and produces more and more infected berries. I thought it had some kind of disease and/or pest infestation. This year it seems most berries are infected and I will be lucky to get a quart of berries.

Some berries appear to have a small hole penetrated and that side of the berry starts to turn color and eventually shrivel. While others just turn brown from the get go...It seems if other berries are touching an infected one they too will get the problem.

I have attached pictures showing the varied conditions and would greatly appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Kenwahman
    Sumner, WA
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kenwahman; 22-07-2009, 02:04 AM.

If you have white grubs, it can be Blueberry Maggot (Rhagoletis pomonella).

The grubs overwinter in the soil, so it is important to clean up any dropped berries.

Mature berries can also be attacked by Cranberry Fruitworm (Acrobasis vaccinii).

Comment

I will research this suggestion, thank you for your help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X