Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with show courgettes

I have a tiny dilemma.
    Its the local show this weekend and I have entered the courgette class, but it hasn't worked out the way they have grown.
    I have 3 perfect courgettes, but they are from 3 different plants and completely different colours , yellow, dark green and light green.
    Do I pick the 3 different colour ones, or do I go for 3 the same colour but not anywhere near in size?

Either way I seem to have no chance
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Womble, you have to look at the rules of the competition.
    Does it say 3 courgettes of the same variety - or just 3 courgettes.
    That will answer your question for you.
    Good luck and don't worry too much about it. Everyone can't win and there would be no competition unless the loosers entered. But hope you win.
    And don't forget to take their pics and enter the virtual veg show on here .There is a class for 2 courgettes. Take piccies of your best stuff before you eat it. Good luck.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

It just says three courgettes, I've never seen any judging rules, so I don't know how they look at them, it's only a bit of fun anyway

I didn't think we were doing the virtual show this year? I'll have a look at it. Thanks.

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

You want the RHS show hand book (or WI's 'On with the Show' )

Points in shows are awarded for condition, size, and UNIFORMITY!! there is also normally a size restriction...6" without flowers if I recall.

finicky things show rules and you just don't get judged if you don't EXACTLY match the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post

I didn't think we were doing the virtual show this year? I'll have a look at it. Thanks.
          Anyone got the link for the virtual show? Or the name of the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulottie View Post
            You want the RHS show hand book (or WI's 'On with the Show' )

Points in shows are awarded for condition, size, and UNIFORMITY!! there is also normally a size restriction...6" without flowers if I recall.

finicky things show rules and you just don't get judged if you don't EXACTLY match the schedule.
            Yeah I know, but having had a better look at the plants this morning, I haven't got 3 that are the same colour anyway That'll be plan D now then.

Comment

Here's the link to this years show rules.
              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...old_35640.html

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Didn't win, not surprising, there were some very good ones there.

Comment

I did do quite well though
                  Best Veg plot and most overall points for the horticultural classes.
                  I won a few individual classes as well, well chuffed with the whole day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X