I've grown parsnips!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've grown parsnips!!!!!

I've just had a little " furtle " and there they are!!!! about an inch thick but thats better than last year..... didn't germinate at all..... i'm so excited

Carrots growing too...... but for some reason my parmex ones aren't

Beetroot swelling finally, was just about to pull them up as i'd given up on them

Sprouts growing nicely

Leeks ready for transplanting at the weekend, all is well in the garden of veggielover.

With a few exceptions.........CATERPILLARS!!!

I had a little furtle under the mound of sawdust my overexuberant OH put on our beetroot, and the chioggia [sp] is starting to bulb up nicely.

Hazzah!!!!

Comment

Nothing much happening below ground here.........but the brassica's are doing well!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

got about a foot of greenery so hoping that ive got some decent parsnips underneath. Thing is ive forgotton when they will be ready! Can i just leave em in the ground till after the first couple of frosts then pull em as i need em?
        Advice greatly appreciated

Comment

I've never managed to grow them in my boulder clay garden but this year i've got parsnips in a deep tub and they're going like a rocket. They're very slow growing so i'd say leave them as long as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by sdgtiger View Post
            got about a foot of greenery so hoping that ive got some decent parsnips underneath. Thing is ive forgotton when they will be ready! Can i just leave em in the ground till after the first couple of frosts then pull em as i need em?
            Advice greatly appreciated
            Yes! They taste better after frosts anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by veggielover View Post
              I've just had a little " furtle " and there they are!!!! about an inch thick but thats better than last year..... didn't germinate at all..... i'm so excited:
              You're doing better than me - four attempts and no germination.

Other things in the garden are all doing fine - but I love parsnips and there's nothing like the home grown ones.

Congrats on yours.
              My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

I've also got anout a foot of greenery (complete with blackfly). Am very excited about parsnips since it's my first attempt and I'd heard so many horror stories about them. My problem is the carrots they just don't want to grow

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X