sweet potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet potatoes

just wanted to ask where should my sweet potatoes be ? i dont want to go digging around and do any dammage so should they be just under the surface of the soil or will they be a lot deeper ?
    cheers tracy

i've not got a clue but i've always wanted to grow sweet potatoes.. how do you do it? i'm sure i saw on something that you just bung half a sweet potato in a pot and only half cover it

Comment

i bought a sweet potatoe from the supermakert planted it whole in quite sandy soil about an inch deep when the shoots appear and get to be about 3 to 4 inches high cup them off the spud and plant up i got 7 shoots of one potatoe..
      i do know they need a fair bit of space and mine have been growing for about 90 days now so i think they should be ready soon ???

Comment

just noticed where you live, does the temperature matter when you're growing sweet potatoes? (i'm in cold rainy manchester)

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
          just noticed where you live, does the temperature matter when you're growing sweet potatoes? (i'm in cold rainy manchester)
          Ckfe, I suspect you and I might need the warmth of a greenhouse

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
            Ckfe, I suspect you and I might need the warmth of a greenhouse
            i'm thinking tracy could invite us to sunny fuerteventura for a couple of weeks.. purely to give us some tips on sweet potato growing of course

Comment

i'm thinking tracy could invite us to sunny fuerteventura for a couple of weeks.. purely to give us some tips on sweet potato growing of course
              Oh yes that sounds like a great plan

Comment

Oh yes that sounds like a great plan
                she's very quiet, do you think she's busy arranging our flights?

Comment

I wish!!!!!!..... somehow I doubt it tho

Comment

she's very quiet, do you think she's busy arranging our flights?
                    Either that or she thinks she's picked up a couple of stalkers and is running for the hills
                    Urban Escape Blog

Comment

I wish!!!!!!..... somehow I doubt it tho
                      some people are soooooo mean, if i lived in fuerteventhingy i'd invite you ALL over

Comment

some people are soooooo mean, if i lived in fuerteventhingy i'd invite you ALL over
                        Thanks ckfe Lucky you don't you'd have a very full house. Manchester is a much less popular destination, can't even get my family up here oh well I'd better pop over to France/Austria/USA to see them then what a shame......

Comment

Thanks ckfe Lucky you don't you'd have a very full house. Manchester is a much less popular destination, can't even get my family up here oh well I'd better pop over to France/Austria/USA to see them then what a shame......
                          lol, so what made you stay in manchester while they're busy jetting off to live abroad?

Comment

hi i'm back been in the garden sorting out my veggies had a spot of lunch on the patio with a cold beer and yes your more than welcome to come out flights are booked ...but still no answer about my potatoes??????

Comment

lol, so what made you stay in manchester while they're busy jetting off to live abroad?
                              I didn't stay I moved here lol. Originally from same place as Farmer Gyles.
                              Blame it on the uni here oh and the fact that I met my OH while I was here

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X