cobnuts and Squirrels

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobnuts and Squirrels

I recently got my allotment and it has three cobnut trees on it. Any ideas on how to keep squirrels off them? The lady next to me said i'd be lucky to crop any. I was thinking of putting fleece bags over some of the branches, or would this damage the tree?

x

It's a near impossible task to keep squirrels off but you shoud have lots of cobnut seedlings next year from the nuts they bury and forget.

Comment

Originally posted by blindsilksheet View Post
      I recently got my allotment and it has three cobnut trees on it. Any ideas on how to keep squirrels off them? The lady next to me said i'd be lucky to crop any. I was thinking of putting fleece bags over some of the branches, or would this damage the tree?

x
      Good luck blindsilk!
      If you look at my avatar, it's actually a RED squirell taking a cob nut from my hand. They rejected the peanuts we had with us, but got excited by the cob nuts, I don't think you'll keep them off.....

Comment

*Sigh* I planted two of the blinking things last autumn. (cob-nut trees, not squirrels)
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

There are loads of cobnuts near me, I go out every year to pick some and every years the squirrels get there first

Comment

:-(. I think I'll get rid of two trees then. Seems like a lot of space for something that I won't see a crop...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X