Where are my courgettes?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are my courgettes?

This is an excellent site for advice, so here I am asking again!
    I have 4 lovely courgette plants that seem to be growing well. 13 or more leaves and lots of flowers, they are really gorgeous but....... I have only 1 tiny courgette growing. All of the other flowers are on very long stalks that resemble just long flower stems. What is happening and how can I get my plants to produce courgettes?

Wait,the ladies are usually last to get ready for the party,soon you won't know what to do with them,trust me i know

Just keep them watered and warm

Comment

Pies is right, grew courgettes last year and had loads of male flowers then along came the ladies and had more cougettes than i knew what to do with...!!!

Comment

The guys always turn up to the party first Daphne. The girls are still getting dolled up and their make up on. Anytime now the girls will turn up and the party will get started. Get ready for all those babies.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Oh and when they come check daily or you might find you have a marrow,mine are growing at the rate of 1 to 2" per DAY

Comment

Still waiting for mine to flower but I know from other years that when they start they can really take off, so I'm hoping to have loads (sometime).
            My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

I never get more than I know what to do with!
              Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                I never get more than I know what to do with!
                I usually get loads, but as we and all our friends love them I don't believe there is such a thing as too many courgettes. Sadly mine are a bit slow this year but once they get going.......can't wait

Comment

Mine are a bit slow as well, a few have the first few female flowers. I have 19 plants of courgettes/squashes not sure which is which at the moment. Good job I will be supplying 5 families.

Ian

Comment

same here, lots of flowers all male..............the females are the last to make an arrival at the party.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X