Rhubarb Rhubarb.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhubarb Rhubarb.....

I moved and split the Rhubarb the winter before last so didn't pull any last year. This year it sent up flower spikes which I cut out and now despite loads of muck and water it refuses to produce any decent stalks just lots of thin ones. Before I moved it and last year it was fine.

Any ideas please, I want to make Rhubarb schnapps!!!
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

It might take a mature plant a couple of years to settle down. I wouldn't give up hope on it - but you don't look like gettting your schnapps this year!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks Flum, just have to stay sober this year then!!!
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Wot Flummers said. And it's getting close to the cut off date for pulling rhubarb also.
        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Aye the lad's nobbut right. I don't harvest after mid July here. My dad used to pick until winter and he always killed his rhubarb!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi,planted both my crowns this year and they have got stalks on,i know your not supposed to pick them to eat,but do you leave them to die off on their own,cheers kev.

Comment

Originally posted by kevnsue View Post
              Hi,planted both my crowns this year and they have got stalks on,i know your not supposed to pick them to eat,but do you leave them to die off on their own,cheers kev.
              Hi Kev (to say nothing about Sue). Yup. Just let them die in. Next year you can have some crumble (or schnapps).
              Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
              >
              >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X