Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding Courgettes

Hi everyone...

I have yellow baby courgettes behind the flower - about 1cm - Ball variety - unpollinated -

Do I have to feed them now or only after they've been pollinated? I bought some potash (it's blue). Is this ok?

Cheers

Crosbie

I've got one or two aswell! Never grown them before, and I planted them out at the end of last week, as they were beginning to outgrow their pots (and their space in the Greenhouse). I added some pelleted Chicken manure, and watered them in well. They seemed happy this evening when I checked, and even appear to have grown a little!

Hopefully someone clever will be along soon to put both our minds at rest!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Usually planted on a pile of composted poo they will grow like weeds once the weather warms up a bit. I never feed mine but always keep them well watered once it gets warmer!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I grow mine on clay - I've never fed mine and always get a good crop. If I have comfrey I'll mush it up and use as a mulch so that the goodness is washed down as it rains.

Comment

For goodness sake don't feed them! Unfed, they produce enough courgettes to feed the whole street.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            For goodness sake don't feed them! Unfed, they produce enough courgettes to feed the whole street.
            Best I get out there with tweezers to pick up the pellets then !!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Too late. I WANT soooo many courgettes, I have to give them away. Three plants on the go and two were fed yesterday. Roll on courgette fest!

Comment

Thanks...

Might feed one...see how it goes...supersize courgette? And I'll leave the others unfed -

I get the gist you get shedloads whatever you do

Cheers everyone

Crosbie

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  Oh dear god, whathaveIdone??? I've been feeding them lovingly made nettle and choo-poo tea. I got greedy and have about ...1..2..3..... fourteen around the plance..... OH has no idea of course but I've been sneaking them into the woods round the back and around the office we rent out at the top of the garden.
                  The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

Mine get a feed of tomato plant food along with the pot tomato's. I think think helps to keep the plants healthy too and fight viral infections. There is always a home for fresh veg in my family so gluts are welcome, plus i freeze them to go in with winter mince dishes and tomato based sauces.

Wren

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X