Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apologies to grapes for dodgy purple giant fr beans...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies to grapes for dodgy purple giant fr beans...

I have sent quite a few of these seeds out which I saved from a fantastic crop last year.

Sadly, none of the ones that I have sown for this year have germinated, so I do hope that it's me, and that I haven't sent a load of duds out.

I can send some hsl bird's egg fr beans to make amends if anyone feels hard done by?

Mine are fantastic Hazel - 8" high and climbing! Panic not! (Except for your own of course!)
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
      Mine are fantastic Hazel - 8" high and climbing! Panic not! (Except for your own of course!)
      Hurrah! When I read that Sarz's hadn't come to anything either, I thought that there would be grapes all over the place cursing me!

Comment

Sounds like they'll be cursing me - if I'm the only one to get germination!

Comment

Just the luck of the draw Haze, don't worry about it! Lots of my other bean seeds (including bought ones) have been bloomin awkward this year, and other folks' have been too.
          Sounds like we'll all be begging seed off Flum for next year

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
            I thought that!

Am trying a second lot of the purple giant by pre-germinating on kitchen roll. Seems like a right faff - growing beans is normally like falling off a log, so not to have any come up at all....

As you say, it's a funny ol' year.

Edit: btw, every one of my bird's egg are up and running, Sarz, and I have tons left so I'll whizz some more over to you to keep your lonely one company!
            Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 07-06-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

'Spect I'll be the one apologising soon when the Cranberry Pole & Canellini beans that I sent Snadger don't come up
              I've still got half a dozen of the Purple Giant left so I'll give them another go, if Flum got them to work then they can't all be dud can they?

Comment

'Spect I'll be the one apologising soon when the Cranberry Pole & Canellini beans that I sent Snadger don't come up
                Yeah - he's going to be pretty underwhelmed - he's had some of the purple giant too....

Comment

Like everyone else - except Flummery, of course! - I've had trouble with beans this year. However, one way that always seems to work is to sprout them in a seed sprouter before potting on, planting out when they are good and sturdy.

Comment

It's not just us having trouble. Look here: Allotments 4 All - climbing french bean
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Not a problem me dear!

Comment

MY french bean germination has been so awful this year! I have finally had enough of planting trays of 40 cells only to have 2 sprout, with the rest rotting. I have now got some cheshunt compound and am hoping a bit of antifungal goodness will help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X