Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Courgettes and Cucumbers Outside

Hi

I am new to growing veggies and have bought some mini greenhouses where I am growing quite a bit. My courgette plants (2) and cucumber plant is getting quite large. Can these be moved to grow outisde to free up some space (My tomato plants need some extra head room and space)?

If they can be moved outside, when should I do this, the weather has gone a bit colder and very wet (and looks to be like this for the next few days according to the bbc weather website), would this kill them if I do it now? and do I need to get them used to the fresh air bit by bit before moving them out?

Sorry for the several questions, just want to make sure they survive as I am enjoying growing my own.

Thank you in advance for any help.

StrawberryFlower

Hi Strawberry, the courgette needs moving outside but it might be better to wait until this weather is over with and then start to harden it off. Your cucumber may not be suitable for outside. Do you know what variety it is?

Clare

Comment

I am much further north and my courgettes are out - just keeping an eye on the night time temps and covering if needed. Poor guys were out in a major hailstone shower yesterday!

Keeping the cucumber in the mini greenhouse
      Last edited by elsie-scot; 06-06-2009, 02:40 PM.
      Elsie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X