Sweet corn going in

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet corn going in

Can someone remind me how far apart I put my sweetcorn? I know they go in a square but how far apart?

I planted mine out today - was determined to wait a couple of weeks but I needed the pots and the space in the greenhouse - fingers crossed no frost or it will be out with the fleece.

I put 16 in a 4ft square bed - some Grapes a while back told me to space them a foot apart.

Comment

I tend to give them 18" each way, smaller spacings tends to give you either less cobs or smaller cobs per plant.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
        I tend to give them 18" each way, smaller spacings tends to give you either less cobs or smaller cobs per plant.
        OOOOPS! Guess I am not going to be getting much sweetcorn then
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I put mine in a trowel apart and a trowel and a half between rows...about a foot by 18".
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

35cm apart each way!

Comment

Mine are closer (about 25 cm) but I'm growing minipop F1, not big full ones

Comment

I've done mine in a spiral - inspired by Zazen's NY experience.

Just hope the wind blows spirally-like..!

Comment

I do mine 14 inches each way. Never had a problem with small cobs and sweetcorn is my second favourite veg so I can get more in that way.
                  Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Aileen

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X