Parsnips poking through!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsnips poking through!!

My parsnips have started to peep through......anyone remember my thread?
    Thanks to those who reassured me they'd come!
    Sown 19/04 and 25/04.
    I need more patience!
    "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Congratulations Emmylou. It's a lovely feeling when you see those little green shoots. I only sowed mine last Sunday so I know I have to be very, very patient. I did try sprouting some in the airing cupboard, but only one or two are showing any signs of sprouts after a month, so I have sown freshly bought seed directly into the raised bed and keeping everything crossed!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Mine to, slow buggers aint they.

Comment

Slow and sure wins the race and all that. They generally come good in the end.
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Emmylou I set mine on the 19th as well, 40 loo rolls with 5 or 6 seeds in each and up to yet I've got 7 parsnips showing. so I'm hoping for a few more.
          I feel like a excited kid running in to count them every morning.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

i went away for a week and forgot about them and when i came back some have germinated ..i just think that they are just really obstreporous - like teenagers.....

mine will proably die when i plant them out ...little s****
            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X