white sprouting broccoli

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white sprouting broccoli

Last October I planted some seedlings - white sprouting broccoli, the plants are 3 ft tall and gorgeously healthy but no sprouting at all I had a couple bolt in Feb but nothing with this main crop any ideas? I am growing in my poly tunnel is this the problem do you think should I hang on in there or dig up as I had hoped to start using that ground for something else by now!

Regards
    Pat
    "Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives."

Hi

October was perhaps a bit late to be planting out the white sprouting broccoli?

I have the similar stuff (White eyes?)and have just planted it out now for harvest in March-May next year. It takes about 12 months to come through to sprouting, so it sounds like you have a little while yet?

I am in a similar position I planted some F1 Claret from plug plants last year in october and also have fantastic bed of plants showing nothing I expect they'll do something in the next month or so.

It's horrible when the beds go out of sync

Dave
    Just an Office Guy trying to grow own food

http://www.allotment13.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi

Don't forget, even if they don't sprout, or you don't have time for them to sprout, you can still pick the leaves and eat as spring greens.

vic P

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X