Shallots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shallots

Hi - totally new to veg growing and got carried away with purchasing reduced price shallots and garlic bulbs - can anyone tell me please if it really is too late to plant them or should I leave them until the Autumn ? I do live in the slightly colder North East .
    Maybe not such a bargain! Thanks

Hi Sheppy, sorry can't answer your question, just wanted to welcome you to the vine. My Shallots were planted in Feb and are well on the way so I think it may be a little late,. I am much further South than you though. Someone far more knowledgeable will be able to help I'm sure.
    Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks - pleased you replied this is all new to me and I have been amazed to find all this activity on the website - at least it makes up for the lack of activity on my plot today ! Good luck with yours

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine Sheppy. I have been putting onion sets in recently and will put more in as more land is cleared for them. You don't have anything to lose by putting them in now - you may get smaller bulbs is all. The garlic can be left to grow for as long as it needs - I put some in last year and it didn't do much, but this spring it went mad and I really ought to thin it out and replant at a greater distance.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Shallots

Yes - nothing ventured nothing gained and I have very little else growing at present!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X