Potting up sweet peppers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potting up sweet peppers

It is common practice bury some of the main stem when potting up tomatoes. Is this method applicable to sweet peppers and can I raise the compost level continuously as the peppers grow.

I only bury the stems of peppers if I've let them go a bit leggy as this makes the plant more sturdy.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I have only done this when they are seedlings but not when they have "proper" stems- i don't see the need but don't know if it would do them any harm?!
      My Album, Progress so Far: -
      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ss-so-far.html

Comment

If when tiny plants they have got a bit leggy then I might pot them on a bit deeper but after that I've never bothered. My plants really start to bush out after I'ver potted on the first time and more at the next stage.

Comment

As above - I've only done this at an early stage. Didn't seem to be any need when potting on.
          A good beginning is half the work.
          Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X