Beetroot & flavoured vinegar

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beetroot & flavoured vinegar

One of my friends recently pickled some beetroot in blackcurrent vinegar. It tasted lovely and I'm not a bit beetroot fan.
    Having recently been given a huge bag of the darn things (just when I thought I'd finished my preserving for this year) I was thinking of doing something similar but have no berries to flavour the vinegar.

Does anyone know if I could pickle them in a cider vinegar that has been flavoured with a strawberry syrup? (made earlier in the year)
    Would strawberry and beetroot go?
    What sort of proportions would I need for the vinegar and syrup....just go by taste?
    Thanks

Interesting combination MM. I'm not sure if strawberry and beetroot go but I can see how they might, depends on how strongly flavoured it is. If you do it probably adjust to taste bearing in mind that the flavours will blend more the longer it is kept.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

actually I hadn't thought about it blending more the longer it's kept. I guess less is more might be a good approach.
      Maybe I'll just do one or two jars with the strawberry and the rest more traditionally! Just in case the two flavours aren't the best of friends!

Comment

I have made raspberry vinegar (white wine vinegar and raspberries, leave two weeks, strain) but not blackcurrant, with raspberries I have read that you can make it with frozen. Don't squeeze the fruit it makes the vinegar cloudy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X