Moving blueberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving blueberries

I bought 3 Top Hat Blueberries last year and they seem to be doing very well. I have a spot at the side of the greenhouse that I would like to move them to but not sure if the conditions are right.

The spot is well shaded for part of the day, the soil is rich, moist and well drained. Are these conditions suitable?

If they were mine, I'd move them.
    Blueberries don't have much of a root system, so they shouldn't be difficult to move.
    My blueberries have been moved once or twice are are now planted in a damp spot that only gets partial sun (although we generally get lots of sun and a long growing season). Further North, the growing season is a few weeks shorter.

Comment

I'd wait and move in Spring just as growth starts. (I have done that with gooseberries and blackcurrants and it works)

Comment

Blues, blues

Blueberries grow in forest in Finland where I come from. They grow really plump in moist conditions and love half shady areas so, seems to me that the conditions you discribed by your greenhouse are just right. However, I would move them later in autumn or preferably in early spring.

I bought my Top Hats last year and can't wait to see my first berries. I planted mine in a tub as they require special soil.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X