Reduced Seed Potatoes, Fruit Bushes at Homebase

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced Seed Potatoes, Fruit Bushes at Homebase

Just noticed yesterday that Homebase had reduced their Seed Potatoes from £3.49 a bag (2kg) to £1.00 a bag. Bought some Maris Peer. Some other items including Soft Fruit Bushes were also reduced. My wife wasn't happy when she noticed someone walk out of the store with a 50p Golden Delicious (small tree) in his hand!! He obviously beat her to it

I got a load of violas for 10p each at the weekend - they just needed watering and deadheading and are now fine.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I've got a Homebase a couple of hundred yards up the road and I've still got three 10 foot X 4 foot tattie beds to fill.

I'd love it if they had PFA tatties at a quid a bag!

I'll check tomorrow lunchtime!

Ta very much rayj!!!!!!
      Last edited by Snadger; 05-05-2009, 07:46 PM.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

They were still trying to flog them for full price in ours on Monday, the tatties were sprouting everywhere and the fruit bushes looked dead which was a shame.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I called my friend at 8.30 this morning to tell her about the Homebase bargains so we set off to our nearest store (20 miles away). Nothing was reduced.

I found a nice chap and asked him if he had any burst bags of compost so he took me into the fenced off area and I got a....

Large bag of bark chippings
          2 x 100l of multi-purpose compost
          2 X tomato grow bags
          2 x 60l of topsoil
          2 x 70l of multi-purpose compost

...... for a tenner - well pleased.

Comment

i called into my local Homebase today, after reading this last night. i found tucked in a different spot to all the other fruit plants, a couple of golden delicious apple trees and a couple of conference pears, plus various berries. pretty much all bar one apple was a goner, and that last apple was reduced from £5 to £2.49. so i brought it!. its got a decent amount of growth on it, still green, altho leaves are curling(not sure what that means, but for 2.50, i'm game to find out!). took it to the lottie and shoved it in a bucket of water for a few hours and will see how it goes over the next 48hrs. its the only fruit tree i have at the mo, but there are other apples dotted around the allotment, so pollination shouldnt be a problem.....if it lasts that long!.
            thanks for the heads up to look.
            Finding Home

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X